Tuesday 27 November 2007

Bits and pieces

I've really been enjoying the presence of God lately. I went to the One Thing conference at the beginning of this month (and bought a very cool hat). Nothing in particular impacted me but I have felt very filled since then. Sunday worship has been very good. Even on the Sunday morning that I was feeling angry having sworn at Bracken the day before and upset that she didn't come home and look after her dog.... I am very glad that God meets us where we are and if we choose to let him in then bless us profoundly.

On Monday (Dec 3) I'm having surgery. I'm a bit nervous. I'm trying not to think about it too much. I really don't need to freak out. Yesterday, I read an article in the paper about people who are awake during surgery despite the fact they were anesthetized. Really bad timing on reading that article. On the plus side, because of the surgery I have the whole month of December off of work. Well almost the whole month, I have to work the 31th.

Bracken insisted we get Christmas lights for the outside of the house. So for the first time ever, we have lights. Blue icicles and stars. Bracken's choice. She and a friend of hers put them up. I'm quite excited to have them. I think that lights should be on from November to February, just because of the darkness of our winter days.

That's it for now. I'll blog on how my surgery went next week.

No comments: