Monday 26 January 2009

Why III

Why did the lady in the waiting room say it doesn't hurt? I had what I hope is my last laser eye surgery today and it hurt like hell. In fact, it was the most painful one yet. I had to ask the doctor to stop and then I burst into tears, which is embarrassing. Almost 400 shots. It hurt right at the beginning too, enough to make me flinch. Apparently, she made some shots right near the nerve. She apologized for causing the pain but was very consolatory, of course that's not what she is like. On the up side, she thinks she got it all. I go back in 6 weeks for a follow-up. I feel a little ill; it could be the pain. I think I'll go lay down for a bit.-

1 comment:

Jim Hall said...

I am REALLY sorry to hear that. I can't begin to imagine... especially after you'd already told me the 100, 200, 300 thing
Pam has cried at the dentist... it really wiped her out.
Do you have to go back to work tomorrow? Hopefully you don't.
take care,